May 19, 2009

Double Booking

This weekend I have 2 orders for the same due date. Theres so much more planning involved then single booking and theres so much stress to get everything done.
Its funny though because I absolutely love doing it. When I'm working on a cake thats all I'm doing until its done, its almost physically impossible for me to leave the kitchen. So I figure having more work is just better! One of the cakes is a two tier Minnie Mouse cake for a 2 year olds birthday party, and the other is a really classicly-designed 'open book' christening cake.

I have to do a lot of prep before hand; things I would normally have time to do while I'm actually working on the cake.
I have to bake all of the cakes a week before hand and freeze them, leaving me hours and hours of time that can now be geared towards the detail work.

For the minnie cake I just have to make the topper a few days before hand so it can dry (absolutely adorable Minnie mouse ears with a huge pink and white polka dot bow).

The christening cake is a little bit more work. I have to make about a dozen small blocks to embellish the cake, as well as a little blue bear. Then I have to make this beautiful church window plague that will accent part of the cake and let that dry.

Then this weekend all i have to do is put everything together and add detail work and the cakes will be finito!

I cant wait for this weekend and I hope the cakes come out perfect. :]

Much love,
Kim

No comments: